Friday, December 21, 2007

Wow, lots going on!

Thursday night was fabulous! After getting a lot of stuff done around the house during the day, I was a camera operator at a local city council meeting. In addition, I ended up helping my fellow camera operators and acting as a production assistant for part of the shoot. I helped with mic check, counted the meeting down into the live shoot, and did some troubleshooting. I talked to Dad when I got home from the meeting.

He and Jan received the gifts I sent and they liked them. Aunt Donna got the cookies I sent her and she really loved the tin I sent them in. It was blue with cute snowmen. I'm glad they all liked their presents. I enjoyed choosing, making, and sending them. Unfortunately, Dad and I had a bad connection so we got off the phone before he was able to tell me he'd gotten into a car accident that morning. He told me about it tonight when we talked. His front end blew out and he ended up in the median. He was really lucky, and he's okay, but he had to get about $1,000 worth of work done on his car this morning.

Today I got up at 5:30 AM! (Yes, I know it's hard to believe but I really did.) I worked my first day as a temp at a local wallet making company. I was only supposed to be there for four hours of training but I ended up getting trained in about 40 minutes and was then asked to stay for the rest of the day. I'll be filling in for their receptionist/switchboard operator while she's on vacation. I was originally scheduled to be there Wed., Thur., and Friday of next week but they've now also asked me to work the following Monday. Yeah! Everyone there was really nice and I was able to help them with a big mailing project in addition to the regular work assigned to me. I was also invited to join in their potluck lunch. A lot of the employees had made great food. There was an amazing chocolate and cream cheese brownie cake that I had two pieces of.

No comments: