Sunday, December 23, 2007

Holiday Stuff

Today I ran around getting some last minute errands done and meeting with friends. Susan and I opened the gifts that our families mailed us and enjoyed some really good hot cocoa that I picked up for $1.50 at Ocean State Job Lot. (I couldn't believe that they had "Green & Black" organic chocolate products that cheap.) I received a really cool wreath---made out of jingle bells---from Aunt Nancy, Uncle Robert, and my cousins Aaron and David. Susan gave me a rock that reads "remember" and I gave her some of the cookies I made. Now, I've got a green bean casserole in the oven and a pecan pie will be going in there once that's done.

Tomorrow, Susan is heading to North Carolina for a week and Steve and I are going to drive to the eastern part of the state. We're going to stop in at Mark and Carol's open house and then go to Steve's mom's. We'll put up her tree and stay overnight to spend Christmas with her and Steve's sister, Nancy. We will return home on Tuesday night. We don't plan on getting back too late because I have to get up for work at 5:30 AM on Wednesday. I have dinner plans with friends Wed. & Thurs. I'm saying all this now because I'm not sure how much blogging I'll be able to do this week. It will probably be New Year's Eve before I post again, but who knows?

I love you all and hope you have a really happy holiday season.

No comments: