Saturday, December 22, 2007

Ok, I take back some of what I've said about Hugh Grant

I ranted about his performance in "Sense and Sensibility", and wasn't impressed by him in "About a Boy", but I really liked "Notting Hill". I watched it last night and thought it was a sweet movie. Moreover, I thought Hugh Grant was sweet in it. I'm still not convinced that he isn't a bad, dumb (as in taking a lot of parts that are beyond his capabilities or otherwise not right for him), or lazy actor but this was the perfect movie for him. The cute and bewildered look that he does most of the time was exactly what this role called for. He also didn't overact, it was nice not seeing his ego on the screen.

Today I finished shopping for Christmas gifts for Steve's family and Steve and I had a sushi dinner afterwards. I also had a decaf eggnog latte for the first time and it was yummy! Now I'm watching "The Incredibles". I thought it was funny the first time I saw it and I still like it.

No comments: