Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The big secret about Saturday.

So, my "big day" on Saturday was very busy. I realized when I was creating my previous post that I couldn't say what I was going to be doing because one of my friends, Lynette---who reads this blog occasionally, was getting a surprise baby shower. Her husband and her mother set it all up and all the guests parked on a side street near the house so she wouldn't see the cars when she arrived home. It was a great shower. I was especially excited because, since we both went to MHC, my present to her was a 12-month MHC onsie for the baby. We played charades at the shower and I volunteered to go first. I ended up winning a cool prize. I now own an original, handmade, piece of art that's also a lunch bag. It's sewn together from "Capri Sun", "Minute Maid", and "Kool-Aid" juice drink bags. It even has a front pocket. I also took home a little rubber ducky that is wearing a baby bonnet.

Unfortunately, before I got to the shower I was speeding around doing errands. I got up at 8:30am and took care of Raymah's dogs and Hutch's birds. I left the house around 11am so that I could drive 45 minutes to check my P. O. box. I had ordered Lynette's present a couple of weeks ago but it didn't show up until Saturday morning. After that I drove back to Susan's to take care of her dogs, pack the rest of the stuff I needed at Raymah's, wrap the present, and take a shower. Then I rushed off to the baby shower. After the shower I went back to Susan's to take care of her dogs and then returned to Raymah's. I was exhausted but didn't feel like sleeping so I watched Lois and Clark until 5:30am on Sunday.

I've been watching Sci-Fi Channel's "Tin Man" mini-series and I like it. The sets are beautiful and the homages to both the Frank L. Baum book and the Judy Garland movie are nicely done.

That's about it. I ran some errands today and I'll be doing Steve a favor by giving him a ride to work tomorrow morning while his car's in the shop. Then I have class tomorrow night.

No comments: