Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My first television class assignment.

Tonight, at our second to last class in this session, my classmates and I were given our first homework. In order to move on to the editing class in January, we each need to compile raw footage of a five minute interview and a countdown sequence. The interview footage needs to include cut-aways (graphics, photos, or other footage related to the interview---for example, if the interview was about City Hall then a cut-away could be a photo of City Hall) and shots of the interviewer asking questions and reacting. The countdown can be any way of representing the numbers 10 to 0.

For my interview, I'm going to interview Susan about the "rock creatures" that she and her class are about to make. My countdown sequence is going to be pictures of numbers on food labels. I'm really excited about this and hope to start on Friday. I already e-mailed the station's Access Coordinator to reserve the field camera. After the pieces are completed in January I'll put them on youtube and link them to my blog so you can all enjoy them too.

No comments: