Friday, June 27, 2008

I did some training at work this week.

It was nice to share my knowledge and have a fairly relaxed time doing it. A couple of women from the community decided to do a show of acapella music but they didn't have any television production experience. They came in on Thursday, with three of their friends, and I showed them how our studio cameras, sound board, and switcher work. They had a good time and have already asked about doing another show. I also taught them some of the basics of iMovie and they have almost finished editing their show. I still have a lot to learn but it feels good to share some of what I already have.

I just finished watching Dr. Who "Forest of the Dead". I liked part two of this story much better. In addition to the episode being less scary, I've had a week to get used to the idea that the Dr. finally finds his true soulmate and it isn't me. There, I said it. I am admitting that I have been in love with a fictional character since I was a kid. Incidentally, I think the first of the Doctor's regenerations that I would have dated was Peter Davison but I'm not sure since I've seen all of them. Of course, the new writers are still tantalizing us with tidbits of the Doctor's backstory that they are feeding us little by little. They have been really good about the payoffs, at least. The upcoming episode also looks like a scary one but I hope they all won't be that way from now on.

1 comment:

Cami said...

I miss talking to you on the phone!! Did you tell those A capella people about our little adventure? hehe.