Sunday, February 17, 2008

Whew!

That was a job! Susan and I spent most of today getting our cars unstuck from the ice. I am really grateful to Susan because she picked at, and shoveled out, a lot of ice from around my wheels before working on her own car. Then I rocked them both back and forth while she pushed. Finally we were out but it took hours. Unfortunately, all three of our cars are making funny noises. Hers are clunking and mine has a deep throaty engine noise. Oh well, she's going to ask her mechanic to take a look at it because I couldn't get it unstuck yesterday (even AAA couldn't help) to take it to my friends. I'm going to take her extra car to work tomorrow and we'll see what happens.

BTW, our furnace is also on the fritz. It appears that the part that they replaced (after I came home at X-mas and found the house at 40 degrees) may be bad. Susan called the furnace folks and they said they think they received a bad batch of that particular part. They're coming to look at it tomorrow and, in the meantime, we keep hitting the reset button after we realize it's gone out again.

No comments: