Saturday, February 2, 2008

I'm exhausted:(

It's been a whirlwind of a few days. I mailed my resume and letters to Jason in L. A. on Thursday and was trained at my temp job for three hours. I grabbed a quick bite to eat and went to editing class at the TV station. The teacher and I are going to try to arrange a one-on-one session where we can go over my Martin Luther King Day rough cut to get it to the right length. I also have some questions for her about iMovie (I was so busy on Thursday that I left my notebook at home).

Friday I worked all day and drove carefully home in the rain, slush, and ice. I got home, had dinner, and had a nice conversation with Susan about my day at work. Unfortunately, after dinner I got a call from Steve with bad news. He slipped on the ice last night, while canvassing, and fell down some stairs. He has a hairline fracture of his cocyx (he broke his tailbone) and his shoulder had been dislocated (that's happened before so he just pushed it back into place himself!). This means he'll be out of work for a month. The upside of this is that I will have his car for the month, so I can chauffer him around and help him with stuff, and I have some breathing room to decide how to deal with mine. (I don't feel safe driving mine because the noise is getting louder.) Steve's in a lot of pain but he keeps trying to do stuff. I think I finally got through to him though after he tried to carry a bag of groceries. Oy!

Anyway, today---after not getting enough sleep the last two nights---I got up and went into town to get Steve's car (his boss drove him home last night) and then drove to his house. I took him to see some friends, pick up his prescription, and get groceries. I got home around 7pm and ate dinner. Then Susan drove me back into town around 8:30pm to get my car. She followed me home to be on the safe side.

Tomorrow, I'm going to drive Steve to his mom's house where we'll watch the Superbowl. I like both the Giants and the Patriots but I'll probably root for the Pat's. (It's nice to root for the winning team and I don't think the Giants can pull this off. Who knows, though. They could surprise everyone. I didn't even think they'd win the last game they played.) Steve will probably stay at his mom's all week so he's not alone and I'll come back on Monday so I can participate in the television show that night.

Now though, I want to finish what I need to do and go to bed.

1 comment:

Cami said...

Heyyyy, Things sound kinda crazy over there. Take it easy. Are you in LA? Email me. I have questions.... :o)

Miss you,
C