Friday, February 15, 2008

It's been a long week.

I've spent a lot of time driving this week. Tuesday I got the oil changed in Steve's car and then picked him up to do errands and make a great big circle through the local area. I was exhausted when I got home and then a storm moved in. Wednesday I managed to dig out and get to work by 1:45pm. The employer and the temp agency were very understanding about it. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it back up our hill to get home that night until the sand truck came and rescued me from a scary experience. Susan was a big help until the sand truck showed up. (I got stuck, diagonally, across the road about 100 feet from the crest of the hill because it was covered in glare ice. I called Susan on my cell phone and she drove to the crest and then walked on the berm down to me. Together we figured out how to get my car turned around and I started inching back down the hill.) Yesterday I worked a full day (doing filing at a local company that does injection molding) and then was a camera operator at a local school committee meeting. I even got to do a voiceover telling people to stay tuned for it! I loved being able to practice the things I learned at the live music program shoot to help make this meeting more interesting for the viewing audience. The director liked it too. (I found out last night that our director recently worked on "Throwdown with Bobby Flay". I want to ask him which episode so I can watch for his name.) I was actually watching the meeting on TV tonight after work and I realize I still need to practice keeping things in focus but I'm glad I moved the camera around a lot. I also saw the live music show and my name in the credits. That was an awesome thing to see! Anyway, I'm exhausted because after the school committee meeting ended around 10:20pm last night, I had to drive to Steve's. I slept in his (broken!) recliner and we got up early and drove to my job. Then he took his car, did what he needed to do, and came back to pick me up at 5:30pm so I could come home. Tomorrow morning I'm going to drive to my friends' (Mark, Carol, & Jeremy) house to see if Mark can fix my car for just the cost of parts. I am scheduled to finish the filing job Monday or Tuesday (or Wednesday if I need to keep using Steve's car because I'll have to take him to the doctor's on Tuesday) and I've been asked to go back to the research lab for two weeks starting on the 25th. I'll probably accept the job if I don't hear from my cousin this weekend and if my car is okay. Oh, that reminds me----THE WRITER'S STRIKE IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that's it for this post. :)

No comments: