Monday, December 15, 2008

The party was awesome!

I had a great time. (Big thanks to Susan for helping me, really putting up with me, pick out something to wear!) There were lots of nice people there. It was kind of a funky, artistic, aging hippie crowd of stalwart New Englanders. :) There were people gathered in every corner of the apartment. Some of us talking, others singing, even performing for each other. I also did some networking. It was the first time I have really felt comfortable talking about work stuff in a non-work situation. I think that's because I like my job and because these were all nice people and we have similar goals. There were three of us MHC alums there and it was nice to reconnect with them as well.

Oh, and I even made a singing contact. One of the other guests is a local performer and, when he found out that I can sing, he invited me to sing with him sometime. I might even end up in the show he does with some of the other musicians and performers who I know that were at the party.

I really had a great night!

No comments: