Friday, December 12, 2008

Don't worry, I'm okay.

I was worried that if you were seeing storm damage reports you might be concerned for me. Thankfully we are just south of where the ice storm did its worst. (The sunlight was beautiful, glinting off our frozen trees this morning.) Unfortunately, Steve was not so lucky. He is not expected to have power back until Sunday night, which means he has no heat or water. A tree limb also smashed his front windshield. Susan extended an invitation and Steve will be sleeping on our pull-out couch tonight.

Lots of schools have been closed for the last two days as well. I drove home through it late last night but, thankfully, it was more slushy than icy and I was able to get home safely by driving no more than 35 miles per hour. I am so thankful I have a flexible schedule. I was able to go in late yesterday and today, and also do some work from home. By the time I went in today, the roads were clear. :)

The one bummer is that, before the storm we got a lot of rain and, my car got stuck in the mud in our driveway. I had to drive Susan's extra vehicle to work today and yesterday because it didn't get cold enough for me to get mine out. Steve has volunteered to help me get it out tomorrow since temperatures should freeze the ground tonight. Yeah! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was worried about you, I'm glad to hear that you guys are ok:) i hope you guys get your car unstuck soon. The fisrt week in January is good for us but come when ever we will figure things out!
Becky

Alicia said...

Thanks! My car is unstuck and I am narrowing down my travel dates! Love, Alicia