Tuesday, October 16, 2007

My visit with dad.

Friday night I visited my friend, and fellow MHC alum, Lynette. We had a nice time, just talking and catching up. In addition, I discovered that she's due to have a baby girl in February.

Saturday morning I got up early, met Steve at 9:40am in town, and drove to the eastern part of the state to see his mom and my dad. (My dad called me on Thursday night and told me that he was coming to the state on Saturday for the wedding of one of my uncles on Sunday, hence the surprise in my prior post.) I dropped Steve off at his mom's house, which is about an hour and a half from here, and proceeded to meet my dad at his other brother's house, which was about 45 minutes further. I had a great time visiting with my dad, Uncle Mike, and Aunt Lisa. We spent the afternoon and evening getting reaquainted since I hadn't seen my aunt and uncle in about 12 years. I heard about how all of my cousins are doing and I saw the wedding album of Mike and Lisa's oldest. I also heard the happy news that my oldest cousin is pregnant with her first child. After a nice Chinese food dinner and part of a baseball game I headed back to Steve's mom's house. We played "Sorry" for two hours and I fell asleep on the couch watching the rest of the ballgame.

On Sunday I made breakfast for the three of us. I got to make a chocolate chip pancacke and a bannana pancake in addition to regular ones and sausage. Steve's mom really appreciated me cooking and cleaning up.

Monday I caught up on chores, especially laundry, and today I went to the dentist. I was scheduled for two fillings but my dentist discovered a third cavitiy while he was working. $480 and a lot of novacaine later my mouth is still a bit sore but hopefully okay for awhile. I'm really tired and will go to bed soon.

No comments: