Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ok, I know it's been a while.

The biggest news is that I made my formal directing debut on Thursday night! The Access Coordinator for the station started the live feed of the City Council meeting and then, after about 20 minutes, turned it over to me for the remainder of the meeting. It was a long meeting so I got a lot of practice directing. This morning I realized that I may have been bitten by the directing bug since I couldn't stop thinking about wanting to do it again.

I'm applying for an entry level position at a local commercial television station. Several of the guys at the local music show I've been volunteering for have been encouraging me about this and I hope to get my resume and cover letter emailed to the station on Monday. I'm doing this because I heard back from the Directors Guild and unfortunately they have decided to cancel the whole training program for this year. It's a bummer but I'm looking at this as an opportunity to stay in the area that I love and still make money doing what I want to do. Oh, this week I also managed to send out a career update newsletter to most of you and to the contacts I've made in the TV business. I still haven't heard back from my cousin but I did hear from a high school friend who was doing some producing in L. A. and who is happy to introduce me to her contacts if/when I make it out there.

Monday I'm going to be starting my third week in a row temping at the research lab. Unfortunately, the woman I'm replacing is having a slower recovery than she planned. It's good for me to have money coming in though. Especially since my car is really dying. Mark finally got a chance to look at the car and said that I need my brakes fixed asap. In addition, when I got her out of the snowbank after the last storm I evidently jarred loose the muffler pipe leading to the front end. I'm driving Susan's extra vehicle for now and am working on a plan for mine. I was actually thinking of putting a poll here on my blog to find out what you guys think I should do: buy new, buy used, fix mine, something else?

I think that about covers it. I'll try to post more regularly this week but I can't get onto blogspot at work and I've been exhausted when I get home.

No comments: