Sunday, March 30, 2008

Warning: "LOST" season three spoilers ahead

Today I got a lot done. I checked my mail, met a friend in town, paid for and got some stuff out of my storage unit, went shopping, organized my room, played with the dogs, made some phone calls, and watched the final seven episodes of "Lost" season three. (I admit that I'm procrastinating, putting off doing my taxes.) Tomorrow I'm going to meet up with Steve for dinner and trade "Lost" for "Battlestar Gallactica" season three. I'm excited to see it since season four begins on Friday. (The fourth season of "Dr. Who" begins on April 18th, btw.)

At the risk of turning this into Alicia's Bargain Blog again I need to write about a couple of items I purchased today. I was very much in need of new sneakers (my old ones are quite holey and have no support left) and planned on going to Payless. I also needed a new pair of khaki pants because my old ones had finally gotten to the point where I had to throw them out (both pockets had holes, there were holes along the inseam, and the eye hook gave way this week). I decided to check out Steve & Barry's since almost everything in the store is $8.98 or less. I tried on a couple of pairs of pants from Sarah Jessica Parker's "Bitten" line but they didn't fit me well. I really liked some of the other stuff in her collection, especially some of her dress shirts, but I don't need most of it right now. Anyway, I also tried on a pair from another of their collections but didn't like the way they looked. While I was there, I noticed that they also had sneakers. I ended up buying a pair from Venus Williams' "Eleven" collection that are called "Groundstroke". They are lilac and white but I think they'll be okay once I scuff them up a bit. They didn't have the blue and white in my size. Susan is really into tennis (both watching and playing) and she got a kick out of it when I told her whose shoes I was wearing. I was really excited that I got a new pair of sneakers (that I wore home) for $8.98! When I got home, I threw out my old ones and put the chic but uncomfortable ones I'd gotten a few months ago in the bag to be donated to the Salvation Army. Oh, I also went to the Salvation Army store and bought a new pair of khaki pants (that look almost exactly like the old ones) for $5! Yay me! :)

Tomorrow Susan and I are going out to a sugar house for breakfast. Unfortunately, Jonathan and Paige can't come because they're in Texas visiting Page's family.

*SPOILER ALERT*
Last, but not least, "Lost". Wow, I'm not sure I like watching the show anymore. All the people being murdered is not fun to watch. I did almost start crying when Charlie died but, since I knew it was coming, I had kind of braced myself. I had more to say about it when I started this post but I guess I distracted myself with the other stuff. I sort of liked the future scenes toward the end but I also feel like the writers are just about at their shock value limit. I kind of figured Lock wasn't going to die and I don't think anyone trusts any of the others (did anyone, besides Jack, fall for the fake killing of Said, Bernard, and Jin?). Anyway, mostly I'm just stuck on the killing. I liked it when the show was about figuring out the secrets of the island and the others but now that is being eroded by the battles. I don't know that I want to see season four if it's just going to be more of that. Oh, and if one more of the others gets indignant about being hurt or killed by the survivors, when the others are the ones who started this in the first place, I think I'm going to scream. I understand their being upset but they sound as if they have no responsibility for the situation. Okay, I think I'm done for now. I'll get to rehash all of this with Steve tomorrow. Wait, I knew there was another thing: I think that no one really ever dies on the island. Too many people have died and are still walking around. I figure the ones who are "gone" are just elsewhere and all will be revealed later. There are some time and aging peculiarities as well that I hope will be explained eventually. For instance: How come the guy who Ben meets as a chlld looks the same age now that several decades have gone by? Did anyone else notice that in the future scenes Jack talks about his father as if he's still alive? I hope this is all intentional (if Joss Whedon were writing it, I'd be sure that it was) otherwise I'll be very disappointed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.