Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Some brief updates.

Dad's doing okay. He had hip replacement surgery yesterday but I spoke to him tonight. He's groggy and in a lot of pain but my stepmom and the doctors are taking good care of him.

My car is fixed! As I brought it home it drove like a dream. For $1157.76 I got a new catalytic converter, exhaust pipe, front muffler, exhaust hanger and clamp, gasket, seal, front crank, spark plugs, and an air filter. Rad said that the car is actually in good shape for the number of miles on it.

Susan suggested I read E. B. White's "The Trumpet of the Swan" (along with Roald Dahl's "George's Marvelous Medicine" and Louis Sacchar's "There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom") and I really liked it. It is sweet and it didn't make me cry. (I bawled for hours after reading "Charlotte's Web" as a kid.) "George's" etc. was okay but I prefer his Willy Wonka books and "James and the Giant Peach". I will probably read the Louis Sacchar book next. Meanwhile, I'm still trying to finish Piers Anthony's "Isle of View". (Say that title quickly, out loud, and you'll get the idea of the book.)

Last, but not least, I'm hoping to go to a sugar shack on Sunday with Susan, my cousin Jonathan, and his wife Page. We've all talked about going separately so I thought this might be fun.

Oh, and I'm planning on calling the local TV station manager again tomorrow. I mailed them another copy of my resume on Tuesday.

No comments: