Friday, March 28, 2008

I know you're all dying to know how it went with the Station Manager...

Unfortunately, I didn't get to talk to him today. There was a big fire, close to the station, and they were scrambling to cover it. He asked his secretary to find out when I'll be available next week. I gave her a few options and I got his direct email address. Then I emailed him another copy of my resume and reiterated that I'm looking forward to talking to him. I drove by the site of the fire on my way home and it looked like a doozy.

In other news, I read Louis Sachar's (my apologies to him for spelling his name wrong in my previous post) "There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom" in about an hour and a half last night. I really liked it even though I teared up a little at the end when the guidance counselor had to leave. There is a line in the book that's repeated several times: "Give me a dollar or I'll spit on you". I shared about it at work today and one of my co-workers decided that it's going to be her new favorite line. :)

I have a busy day tomorrow because I have lots of errands to run.

Update on Dad: He was transported to the rehab facility today. He's still having some nausea due to his medications, and his insurance company refused to pay for the ambulance to take him to rehab, but we were able to have a short conversation tonight. He even walked 10 or 20 steps today! He can't really sit yet, without the probability of popping out the new hip, which is why he needed to be moved by ambulance.

No comments: