Monday, August 13, 2007

Warning---Harry Potter SPOILERS!

I finally read "Deathly Hallows" and it was great! I think it made up for "Half Blood Prince" which was more than 600 pages of exposition. I spent most of yesterday reading and crying. I started crying when Dobby was killed and kept crying off and on until the end of the book. I loved Kreature's redemption. I have a few small nits to pick, too much use of deus ex machina for example, but other than that it was very satisfying. I really liked the fact that the center of the story was Ron, Hermione, and Harry working together puzzling things out to defeat Lord Voldemort. I really missed that in books five and six. Oh, and can I just say, "Go, Neville!"?

I celebrated my birthday, for the second time this summer, on Saturday. I received a lot of disposable presents (candy!) since I'm in transition. I had a great time with Steve's family (we were celebrating his birthday too). We had a cookout (I had really yummy vegetable lasagna), played "Sorry" & "Yahtzee", ate cake & ice cream, and exchanged gifts. I also showed them my pictures and some souvenirs from my China trip. Steve gave me season one of "Bones" and I watched the first three episodes last night. I really liked it. She kicks butt and he's cute and funny. (For those of you who don't know, this is David Boreanaz's new series. He played Angel on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and it's spinoff "Angel". I'm a big fan!)

Anyway, I had an interesting experience this morning when I walked Max. We were passing a group of summer campers who were probably elementary school age (but some of them might have been middle school) and most of them were oohing and ahing over Max. However, I could of sworn that I heard one kid say "nice boobs!" as I passed him. That was very strange and I really hope I heard him wrong! :)

3 comments:

Mom said...

It does not matter I won't read the book.

How is the job hunt going? love

Alicia said...

Mom

Thanks for commenting! I made a career post for you. I talked to Becky last night and she liked Harry Potter too. :)

Love,

Alicia

Plunkybug said...

I think that the book was enjoyable, but it seemed too drawn out in places it could have been shorter and too rush in places it should have been more drawn out. I thought the epilogue was a nice touch but...not quite right.

Still, with them all....enjoyable. :)