Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Career Update Stuff

Yesterday I started exploring internships as an entry into television production. Our local PBS station has a full-time, semester long, program that is open to almost anyone. Unfortunately, their Fall semester is already full. I also looked at some entry level positions with local commercial stations. I haven't heard back from my friend yet about her friend in LA. I think I'll be going to the career resource center on Friday to see what they have in terms of internships and resume samples. My resume is mostly up to date but it's old school now (chronological) so I have to turn it into an achievement based one.

I'll be moving back to Susan's sometime in the next three days and she said it's fine to give out her phone number and to use her phone for long distance so I will call everyone when I get there.

Oh, I went to the farmer's market yesterday and brought home all natural, semi-local, smoked gouda. Today I made a fancy mac and cheese with it. I re-heated some whole wheat blend pasta, chopped up the gouda into tiny pieces, and chopped up a gigantic scallion that I also got at the market. It was nice. The mac and cheese went well with the IPM corn, organic green beans, and both the organic and non-organic tomatoes that I got there as well. These, along with store bought cherries for dessert, made a really yummy and healthy lunch. For dinner I'm planning on doing the gouda & scallion thing with organic potatoes that I bought at Trader Joe's last week. I LOVE being able to go to farmer's markets!

1 comment:

Plunkybug said...

You should try Smoky Mac n Cheese...you can google it.