Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hummingbird, Class Ring, Career Stuff

I saw my first, real, up-close, hummingbird the other morning. I heard a noise go past my head as I locked the front door. I looked up and saw this tiny bird with wings moving so fast I could barely see them. It was really cute and I felt grateful to have finally seen one that wasn't on TV. I just stood there and watched it for awhile.

I finally have my MHC ring back in one piece! As some of you may remember, the stone fell out about six months after I graduated. Thankfully, Balfour has a lifetime guarantee. Unfortunately, when I called them, they suggested I wait to send it in because they were swamped with new orders at that time and they didn't want mine to get held up or misplaced. I complied, then forgot about it, then moved, and then 10 years went by. At my 10 year reunion in May I gave the ring to the on campus Balfour rep. and she sent it in to be repaired. I finally got the ring back in the mail at the end of last week and am now wearing it proudly. Yeah!

I have a hopeful note on the career front. My friend Deborah, who knows an LA producer, emailed me today with the producer's email address and said that his show is coming to Vermont next week. I'm offering to volunteer while they are in New England and I'll keep you posted.

No comments: