Friday, October 3, 2008

Lots of catching up to do with you.

So, a lot has been going on and I haven't had a good chance to blog until now. The biggest news is that I am now driving a car that does NOT have 314,000+ miles on it. I said goodbye to my 1994 Saturn on Wednesday morning. I sold it to a friend of a friend and made her part of a 2 Saturn family. I like this shot of my former car because it reminds me of KITT from the original "Knight Rider".I really like driving my new car, a 2005 Dodge Neon. I took Wednesday off to do all the car stuff and was able to get it taken care of that afternoon. I think my new car is kinda sporty (I don't think of myself as a "sporty" person, but I'm enjoying it) and it's smaller than the Saturn. I am grateful to be able to lock its doors, have the overhead light come on when I get in, and listen to whatever music I want on the CD player. I feel like I have a grown up car now! :) The only drawback is that it's an automatic so the gas mileage isn't as good as my old car. Otherwise, I think I love it! :)
The other thing about having my new car is that our yard no longer looks like a used car dealership. See if you don't agree when you look at the picture below. I took it Wednesday morning before I sold my car. I couldn't help but laugh out loud when Laurel (the woman who bought my car), her partner Susan, & I returned from her test drive and the mailman's car was parked in the spot we'd vacated. We had 6 cars in front of the house! We were all laughing at that.
The next two pictures are of the dogs. I've been intending to do a tribute to Allegra and Susan suggested that I put up a cute picture of Casey as well. Casey is a sweetheart and she's slowly adjusting to being an only doggie. I sang to her tonight as I pet her and she seemed to really enjoy it.

Susan and I both miss Allegra a lot and think of her often. She was a great dog and lived a long and happy life. She loved to play and eat popcorn. Rest in peace, Allegra.Casey

No comments: