Saturday, October 25, 2008

"They Might Be Giants" is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

I got to see them perform live last night and I had a fabulous time. The music was great and I danced the whole time. They did two long sets, the first of which was their entire "Flood" album---in order. That is the only album of theirs that I have and it was really cool to hear it. The second set was all newer stuff and it made me want to buy more of their albums. The band is made up of great musicians, they are very funny, and many genres of music can be heard in their tunes. This post isn't doing justice to the amount of fun I had last night. I'm exhausted and throat hurts a bit from cheering so much. By the way, if you are unfamiliar with their music, search www.youtube.com for They Might Be Giants + Tiny Toons. Enjoy!

Oh, and I don't think I've mentioned before that we have a neighbor who is a professional pyrotechnician. Tonight he held one of his famous parties and I got to see an amazing fireworks display. It was a smaller version of what I saw on the 4th of July and, watching it from the porch off Susan's room, it felt like my own private show. How cool is that?

No comments: