Thursday, October 16, 2008

I spent $400 at the dentist's office yesterday.

I had four cavities that needed to be dealt with. Two minor, one a bit more complicated, and the last a bit more than that. Oh, and I don't have dental insurance. Yesterday's visit felt traumatic and I needed several shots of novacaine in order to get through it. I do feel much better now, though. I am also trying a new regimen to get more flouride to my top teeth because I don't want more cavities.

TV Show Reviews:
Here's my take on the season 5 finale of "Project Runway". I'm not too surprised that Leanne won because I think she was a strong designer all the way through. I preferred Korto's collection, however. I felt that it was vibrant, pretty, and original. I also disagree with the judges; her pieces were not overworked! Quite frankly, I thought that Leanne's collection was repetitive and I was bored before she was through showing it. I understand that the judges are looking for the next new idea and her wave inspired petals and sustainable fabrics are definitely future oriented. I'm just glad that Korto won "Fan Favorite" and will, hopefully, be able to use that money to get her designs sold.

I also want to put in a plug for "Do Not Disturb" with Jerry O'Connell and Niecy Nash. It is very funny. The first three episodes are available to watch for free on www.Fancast.com. Warning: It can be offensive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel ya with the dentist! I have to have my bottom wisdom teeth removed then I have 6 cavitites and one tooth that needs a root canal and a crown it will be at least $3500.00 and I have insurance. We miss you and love you lots.