Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My taxes are done!

Sunday I finished my taxes and sealed the envelopes, did some chores, rested, prepped for Monday, and met with some friends. It felt really good to hang out with people.

Monday, after working all day and developing a wicked headache, I mailed my taxes from a post office located inside a nearby mall. In the food court, I purchased a baked potato for dinner and then headed up to the live, local, music show. I had a blast! I was really able to incorporate the experience I had on Friday night at the “Battle of the Bands” and produced some really good shots. I even earned a thumbs up from one of my fellow camera operators (the one who has the most experience). After the shoot we all shared our experiences with job hunting in the field. I found out that some of the other applicants for that station’s Technical Assistant position have more technical experience than I do but that they are looking for a people person, which I most definitely am! I also got an email from the station’s Executive Director letting me know that they are in the process of reviewing applications and that they will call the people they want to interview.

Today I emailed my response to the voicemail from the other station’s manager and will see what happens.

No comments: