Saturday, July 21, 2007

Getting back into the swing of things

Today I checked my mail for the first time in over three weeks. The box was just about full but I was amazed that there was any room left at all. I renewed the box for six months (the shortest amount of time you can buy) so that I don't have to change my address until I actually move somewhere.

I didn't make it to my storage unit today to put away the extra stuff I didn't need on the trip but I did manage to get some groceries and see "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". I liked it a lot more than the other movies. I had just about given up on them (because I loved the first four books and liked the fifth one) after they butchered "Goblet of Fire". However, when I was in China, I saw a promo for "Phoenix" and it got me excited. I had a feeling that in some ways it would be better than the book, and it was! They didn't spend 3/4 of the movie with Harry refusing to speak to his friends and Sirius wasn't drowning his sorrows, bening a jerk, and descending into lunacy. They also didn't go back and forth between making the movie completely separate from the books and taking plot shortcuts that assume the viewer has read them. That drove me bannanas in the previous movies. The battle near the end was pretty good. I still think Sirius' death is rushed but I'm biased toward Sirius because book three was my favorite.

Anyway, I got back to Susan's around 6:30pm and had a small adventure with the dogs. I gave them treats and Casey decided to guard hers instead of eat it. This would have been fine except that she & Allegra really needed to go to the bathroom and Casey was guarding her treat at the top of the stairs we needed to go down to let them outside. I found a key to the backdoor and went outside from the porch door to call them to me already downstairs. I had to reverse the process, with Allegra on part of the leash, to get back upstairs. They were confused but, when I gave them the treats for going to the bathroom, Casey finally ate her other one. It was actually funny and I was proud of my resourcefulness.

It looks like I'll be heading to Keith & Wendy's on July 30th and July 31st will be my last day at work. In preparation for talking to a reality show producer I watched an "America's Next Top Model" marathon last night. It was pretty good. (As many of you know, reality TV isn't really my cup of tea.) I think that's it for now.

1 comment:

Raymah said...

There is no such thing as reality TV. If a camera is running it changes the dynamics. Email me your address so we can get together.
R