Monday, July 30, 2007

China pics-finally!



Hi All,

Sorry I haven't kept up. I think I finally figured out the digital photo thing, though I haven't quite gotten the albums all nicely done and on snapfish. Once I do that I will let you know so that you can see them all.

In the meantime, here are two of the best shots from China. The one on top is the entire group of singers on the Great Wall at Badaling, outside of Beijing, near the end of the tour. It was pretty warm but it was awesome! Most of us chose to climb the steeper, but less crowded, side of the wall and were rewarded with stunning views and a great sense of accomplishment. There was a sense of vertigo as well since the angle of ascent is pretty close to 90 degrees at some points! The one on the bottom is me on the Sacred Way near the Terra Cotta Warriors outside of Xi'An. This was the third of the four cities we visited on our tour and I'm doing my best to imitate this impressive statue.

In other news, my last day of work is tomorrow. My co-workers threw me a really cool good-bye party today and gave me lots of white elephants to take with me to my new job. They also gave me gift cards for gas and CVS which will really help while I'm between jobs. That was really awesome of them. I'm writing this blog entry from Keith & Wendy's where I'm going to be pet/house sitting until 8/18. Max, the dog, looks like Lassie and he's a sweetie. Chloe, the kitty, is adorable but it will take her a few days to get used to me. She's really shy. I'm getting used to having lots of neighbors again. It was cute to hear the teenager's music from next door and hear her fighting a little about it with her sister. Boy, does that bring back memories, huh Becky? Oh, on that note, how about a shout out to my sister who just had her birthday on the 26th? Happy Birthday Becky!

No comments: