Friday, June 29, 2007

I have arrived at MHC!

Hi All,

Okay, after several exhausting days of final packing, errands, training and leaving notes for my replacement at work, and studying my music I have arrived at Mount Holyoke in preparation for our choral tour through China.

I moved the last of my stuff out of my apartment yesterday afternoon and turned in my key. My landline phone number and electricity should be turned off by the end of today. A big thank you to Lynette and Andrew who helped me take the last load of stuff to storage yesterday and made a run to Salvation Army with the stuff I wanted to donate. We also got to have lunch together afterwards and that was nice.

Anyway, I've been organizing and handing out dresses for the tour since about 9:30am today and I'm having fun socializing with the rest of the alumns who've gotten here early. I'm really tired and hope to get a good night's sleep. Unfortunately, I don't think my plans for a nap this afternoon are going to come to fruition.

On the career front, I've already had a discussion today with Tiffany, who's a working actress out in LA, and she thinks that's probably the best place to start. We also agree on the circumstances out there that I probably won't like (traffic, for instance).

For those of you in the area, you can come see me off on Sunday at 4pm. We are performing our Bon Voyage Concert at Abbey Chapel before we get on the bus to NY.

No comments: