Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ta Dah!

Two posts in two weeks! I'm baaaaaack! :) Anyway, I had a great weekend, though it left me really tired. Steve's mom and sister came over and I finally got a chance to cook a meal for them. I made two kinds of wontons (a more traditional one with Morningstar Farms Veggie Crumbles and scallions and one with garlic and mushrooms), sauteed green beans, and elevated whoopie pies for dessert. It was fun but, after cooking for three hours, my feet really hurt. Everyone enjoyed the food and Nancy was especially impressed with the whoopie pies. These were an idea that had been kicking around in my head for awhile---ricotta cheese, vanilla flavoring, and sugar combined to make a cannoli style filling between some molasses clove cookies I had. Yum! Nancy stated after taking a bite, "these are awesome and I don't say that often!" Yay!

No comments: