Monday, September 6, 2010

Turkeys, Trivia, and Netbooks, Oh My!

Yesterday began with a flock of wild turkeys in our yard. Susan joined me at the kitchen window to watch them proceed up our driveway, across the road, and into the woods on the other side. I tried to get a picture but the batteries in my camera were dead.

Later on, I convinced Steve to join the 21st Century by purchasing a netbook. CVS had one on sale for $100 so it made it easy for him to dip his toe in the water. We charged it up last night and, next weekend, I'm going to introduce him to web browsers, Youtube, and email. Woo hoo!

Finally, Steve and I sat down last night to play Book Lovers' Trivial Pursuit. It was much harder than either of us thought, especially given that we both read a lot. I think the game was actually intended to be played by teams, the instructions suggest it can be ideal for 16 people to play at once. My category of expertise is Children's Literature if anyone is interested. ;) At 12:30am, after more than 2 1/2 hours of play, we called it quits without a winner.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Are you saying you bought a computer at CVS for $100?

Alicia said...

Well, though I was grousing and calling it "an annoying little machine" tonight, it is basically a computer. :) It's scaled way down and running Windows Compact Edition. It's not good for much more than surfing the web. This is, however, a big step forward for Steve. He even sent his first email tonight!