Monday, September 1, 2008

Did you have a good Labor Day?

I had a nice weekend. On Saturday evening I went to Lynette and Andrew's to house sit and take care of their dog, Sprout. He's an adorable mutt and we get along well. I took Sprout for a couple of good walks and I watched "House" until Steve showed up around 9:15pm with Sushi. We enjoyed the meal and then watched a couple of episodes of "Bones". I really like that show but I don't watch it that often. On Sunday, Steve and I drove out to his mom's house to celebrate the holiday and the birthday of a mutual friend. Steve's sister Nancy made great mac and cheese and we all played three games of "Sorry" after dinner. Steve and I stopped by the mall on the way home today. I bought DVDs for the first time in awhile because I got some great deals. I bought "Northern Exposure" season 1 for $9.99 (usually $25+), "Stargate: Ark of Truth" for $9.99 ($15+), and "Dr. Who: Black Orchid" for $13.50 ($20+). Now I'm home, unpacked, and prepped for tomorrow. I'm watching TV right now, flipping back and forth between the US Open and "The Middle Man". If I haven't mentioned it before, "The Middle Man" is a fabulous show on ABC Family. It's funny and funky and has lots of great sci. fi. in jokes without alienating people who don't like sci. fi. I still haven't gotten to the backlog on my emails and we have a busy week at work this week. We are covering the local fair parade on Thursday with a live, location, shoot. We'll be prepping for it most of the week. I hope you are all doing well.

No comments: