Saturday, November 3, 2007

Big News!

Yesterday at lunch a friend of mine mentioned that a local community television station had just moved into a new studio space and that same friend wondered if I'd given any thought to getting involved with said station. When I came home, I googled the station and discovered that they were having an open house/grand opening today from 1pm-4pm. The short version of the story is that I'm now a member of the station and I am enrolled in their basic producer course (6 weeks beginning November 13th). I also spoke to their Executive Director and I may be doing some volunteer work for them in the areas of website and basic production. It will be a great learning opportunity and a good way to do some more networking. I'm really excited.

Anyway, I'm off now to see the midnight showing of Jurassic Park!

(Raymah, I'll get back to you Monday but I can probably pet sit for you. Thanks for asking.)

2 comments:

Raymah said...

Alicia this is good news on both accounts. How come you don't say what community?
Raymah

Mary said...

Alicia that is so awesome! congrats to you!